In the past 2 years, I’m living in my current apartment.
In that period, I learned a couple of things that I want to take (or not) with me to my new home, some are bad and some are good.
1. Good layout is very important
In our current apartment (the layout pic) there are unusable spaces.
- There is nothing I can do with the closed balcony that comes from the kitchen, It’s too narrow.
- There is blocked space between the kitchen, toilets, bathroom and the closed balcony.
- The opened balcony is unusable too, there is a builtin closet and the doors from the living room that opens into the balcony, making it impossible to put some table with chairs out there.
2. Always make sure that the water pressure is good (for cold AND for hot water)
because you don’t want to shower in the winter in hot water with almost no water pressure
3. Choose the door handles that won’t hurt you if you bump into it
because you don’t want that kind of memories.
4. Make sure that your tiled floor is stable
because you don’t want to hurt your feet when you walk barefoot.
5. If you don’t like dust, don’t buy dusty furniture
like 2 stories tables AND too many little decorative stuff.
6. Curtains make the room comfy BUT not in every room
even if it’s thin white curtain
7. If you cook a lot in the kitchen, you need any counter space that you can get
so keep it uncluttered.